[yocto] systemd Version Going Backwards on Warrior

Robert Joslyn robert.joslyn at redrectangle.org
Mon Oct 28 21:41:32 PDT 2019

On Mon, 2019-10-28 at 19:06 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On 28/10/2019 16:25, robert.joslyn at redrectangle.org wrote:
> > I'm using buildhistory in one of my builds that creates a package
> > feed, and a recent update to systemd on warrior triggered version-
> > going-backwards errors:
> >
> > ERROR: systemd-conf-241+AUTOINC+511646b8ac-r0 do_packagedata: QA
> > Issue: Package version for package systemd-conf-src went backwards
> > which would break package feeds from (0:241+0+c1f8ff8d0d-r0 to
> > 0:241+0+511646b8ac-r0) [version-going-backwards]
> >
> > Should PE have been updated at the same time due to the hash making
> > the version number go backwards? I can send a patch if that's all
> > that's missing. Or is a PR server enough to prevent this? My debug
> > builds do not use a PR server, but my production builds do use a PR
> > server.
>
> If you're using feeds, you need to use a PR server.  This is *exactly*
> what they are for.
>
> Ross

The part I wasn't sure about was if the PR server helped in the case where
PV went backwards. I know it works when PV stays the same but the package
was rebuilt. But if it keeps the versions going forward no matter how PV
changes, then I should be good. I should probably setup a separate PR
server on my debug builds to avoid this kind of error.

Thanks,
Robert