[yocto] systemd Version Going Backwards on Warrior

robert.joslyn@redrectangle.org robert.joslyn at redrectangle.org
Mon Oct 28 09:25:34 PDT 2019

I'm using buildhistory in one of my builds that creates a package feed, and a recent update to systemd on warrior triggered version-going-backwards errors:

ERROR: systemd-conf-241+AUTOINC+511646b8ac-r0 do_packagedata: QA Issue: Package version for package systemd-conf-src went backwards which would break package feeds from (0:241+0+c1f8ff8d0d-r0 to 0:241+0+511646b8ac-r0) [version-going-backwards]

Should PE have been updated at the same time due to the hash making the version number go backwards? I can send a patch if that's all that's missing. Or is a PR server enough to prevent this? My debug builds do not use a PR server, but my production builds do use a PR server.

Thanks,
Robert