[yocto] [EXTERNAL] Re: Issues adding bare meta toolchain to yocto build

Westermann, Oliver Oliver.Westermann at cognex.com
Thu Oct 24 03:03:03 PDT 2019

>On Wed, 2019-10-23 at 15:34 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
>>On Wed, 2019-10-23 at 11:23 +0000, Westermann, Oliver wrote:
>> Hey,
>> [...]
>> Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or how to debug this further?
>Sounds like the sysroot filtering code doesn't know about this
>directory and therefore doesn't pass it through to the recipe sysroot?

Sorry to ask dumb questions, but what do you mean by "this directory"?
The toolchain directory created by the TI recipe? Shouldn't that be handled
by FILES_${PN}?

>The recipe you link to is for an on target compiler, not one in the
>sysroot.

Again, might be a stupid missunderstanding on my side: The recipe I linked
extracts a precompiled toolchain that is suitable only for x86_64 systems and
allows a "native" package. From my current understanding, a native package is
to be used on the build host, which is what I'm intending to do here.

I managed to sucessfully add a native recipe for the NXP code signing tool
(which is only provided as a precompiled binary as well) which works as expected.

>I'm actually a little surprised you can't use our standard cross
>compiler assuming this M4 core is on an ARM chip? It should be a case
>of passing the right options to the compiler to target the M4?

I'm totally up for any infos on how to do this! I did google around for recipes
or examples that build a non-linux binary using yocto, but I couldn't really find
anything or any documentation. But maybe my searchterms (along "build baremetal
arm binary using yocto") were off target. Can you point me at documentation, examples,
searchterms..?

>Cheers,
>
>Richard

Thanks for the help!