[yocto] Reducing the size of the image by optimizing python

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Oct 19 08:10:54 PDT 2019

On Sat, 2019-10-19 at 14:55 +0000, Abhi Arora wrote:
> Thanks your for the suggestion.
>
> From where I can find out what modules and packages python3-misc
> downloads and installs? I am new to yocto and Don't know where to
> look for. I tried grep but didn't help me.

python3-misc is a package. You can look at its dependencies to see what
it adds to the image.

> And how about optimization using pyc file? Is it doable?

Start simple. If you have python3-misc installed its using a lot of
space and is the sensible place to start with trimming things down.

Optimising to just pyc files is an optimisation further than most
people find they need and will be much harder to do.

Cheers,

Richard