[yocto] trouble with rootfs generation with mxnet package

Ross Burton ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Oct 17 02:23:14 PDT 2019

On 17/10/2019 03:45, karthik poduval wrote:
> Upon looking at the
> build/tmp/work/aarch64-xilinx-linux/mxnet/1.5.0-r0/packages-split
> directory
> I find that the mxnet sub directory is empty, mxnet-dev,
> mxnet-staticdev  have libmxnet.so and libmxnet.a respectively under
> usr/lib.

Don't set PACKAGES, as that's the default anyway.

So it *looks* like the mxnet recipe doesn't ship versioned libraries,
which is very bad form for something from Apache.  If this is the case
then read
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TipsAndTricks/Packaging_Prebuilt_Libraries#Non-versioned_Libraries.

If they do ship versioned libraries (by which I mean the library is
libxmnet.so.1.2.3 or similar) then remove FILES and INSANE_SKIP, and let
the packaging happen normally.

You've likely got the library package renamer enabled (it's on out of
the box) so the resulting package will be libmxnet1 or similar,
depending on the soname of the library.

Ross