[yocto] Task vardeps on a variable changed externally

Paul Barker paul at betafive.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 03:07:14 PDT 2019

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, at 10:42, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I struggle to figure out an issue that I lately got into. I want to have
> a recipe which writes a manifest of all the layers part of the build.
> These layers are all git repositories and I want their revision to be
> exposed at runtime.

Do you need this to be an actual package or would you be happy with it just injected into the rootfs via IMAGE_PREPROCESS_COMMAND? If so you could take a look at image-buildinfo.bbclass which seemed to work well when I've done it in the past.

The only other way I've done something like this in the past is to put the git commands into do_compile for a recipe and set do_compile[nostamp] = "1". That way the task and every task that depends on it are always re-ran. It does mean that it will be re-ran even if the git repositories haven't been updated at all.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker