[yocto] [layerindex-web] Having problems instantiating a docker image

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Oct 8 15:59:35 PDT 2019

I've setup the layerindex in the past (without docker).. but I'm attempting to
follow the current instructions w/o much success.

I'm trying to use:

./dockersetup.py -m 8080:80 --no-https

It asks me for my email address and then builds the docker images...

then I get a failure connecting to https://google.com, connectivity check.
Since my layerindex will never leave my network I don't care about google.. so I
re-run it with:

./dockersetup.py -m 8080:80 --no-https --no-connectivity -r

re-enter my email address, it rebuilds the docker images...

it then sits and spins with what looks like a help message for 'exec' as well as:

Database server may not be ready; will try again.

If I try to connect to that machine port 8080 with my browser, I get back a "Bad
Request (400)"

So something is running, but it's broken.

Any suggestions on getting this fixed?  Also what will the admin login be once
it DOES come alive?  I know in the past it had asked me for admin login
information and such, is the admin login documented somewhere for this docker
container?

Thanks!
--Mark