[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW41’19

Stephen K Jolley sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 07:51:28 PDT 2019

Current Dev Position: YP 2.8 M4 Feature Freeze

Next Deadline: YP 3.0 Final Release 25th Oct

SWAT Team Rotation:

   -

   SWAT lead is currently: Chen
   -

   SWAT team rotation: Chen -> Paul on Oct. 11, 2019
   -

   SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross on Oct. 18, 2019
   -

   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Next Team Meetings:

   -

   Bug Triage meeting Thursday Oct. 10th at 7:30am PDT (
   https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
   -

   Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Oct. 8th at 8am PDT (
   https://zoom.us/j/990892712) <https://zoom.us/j/990892712>
   -

   Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Oct. 15th at 8am PDT (
   https://zoom.us/j/990892712) <https://zoom.us/j/990892712>
   -

   Twitch - Next event is Tuesday Oct. 8th at 8am PDT (
   https://www.twitch.tv/yocto_project)

Key Status/Updates:

   -

   The project is about to build M4 rc1 once some final tweaks have been
   tested and merged (details below).
   -

   Known issues that have been or are to be addressed before M4 rc1 is
   built:
   -

      Strace kernel timeout problems - the issue has now been reproduced
      and understood upstream and a patch has been found to address
the issue. We
      therefore plan to include this in M4 rc1 (thanks Bruce)
      -

      We upgraded to a new uninative version to ensure compatibility with
      distros shipping glibc 2.30 (thanks Michael/Armin).
      -

      We resolved the systemd hwdb postinst script issues (thanks Ross)
      -

   The eSDK performance issue has been worked around but removal of old
   sstate artefacts on the system however we ultimately do need to improve the
   code (will target 3.1).
   -

   If anyone has any status items for the project they’d like to add to the
   weekly reports, please email Richard+Stephen.

Planned Releases for YP 3.0 {2.8}:

   -

   M4 Cutoff 30th Sept - this will be YP 3.0.
   -

   YP 3.0 {2.8 (M4)} Final Release 25th Oct

Planned upcoming dot releases:

   -

   YP 2.7.2 (Warrior) is planned for after YP 3.0 release.
   -

   YP 2.6.4 (Thud) is planned for after YP 2.7.2  release.

Tracking Metrics:

   -

   WDD 2525 (last week 2552) (
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
   -

   Poky Patch Metrics
   -

      Total patches found: 1448 (last week 1440)
      -

      Patches in the Pending State: 587 (41%) [last week 587 (41%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.8_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.8_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.8_Features

The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

--

Thanks,

*Stephen K. Jolley*

*Yocto Project Program Manager*

*7867 SW Bayberry Dr., Beaverton, OR 97007*

(    *Cell*:                (208) 244-4460

* *Email*:                 *s
<stephen.k.jolley at intel.com>jolley.yp.pm at gmail.com <jolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>*