[yocto] global class that others will inherit

Łukasz Tasz lukasz at tasz.eu
Thu Oct 3 02:36:58 PDT 2019

Hi,
this is my first post here, so big hello!

I have a problem which you might help me to solve.
I have quite complex configuration, and I would like to inject something
into build system in a right way.

I already did some POC work, and adjusted cmake.class but this is rather
dirty hack, but also do not aplly to all of components, only to those who
inherits from cmake.
I would like to adjust local.conf, put there INHERITS+="mytuning" and I
would expect that everybody will inherit. I'm prepending/appending
This is happening, but my class in shell like, and python recepies throw
exception because of  syntax error...

question, how to provide global class, that will inject python/shell
depending on context? mayby my way is simply wrong?

thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Łukasz Tasz
RTKW