[yocto] Enable systemd service with parameter

Mateusz Majchrzycki majchrzycki.mateusz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 02:35:03 PST 2019

Thanks for you help, finally I've got it working.

Just for clarification, I'm using Yocto rocko. I've checked and support for
parametrized systemd services is available in systemd.bbclass.
Also I've tried to make a dummy profile file and populate it on rootfs
instead of symlink. It also didn't work.

Finally I've change my recipe from standalone to append. My
openvpn_%.bbappend looks like:

inherit systemd
SYSTEMD_SERVICE_${PN} = "openvpn at clientprofile.service"
SYSTEMD_AUTO_ENABLE = "enable"

do_install_append() {
install -d ${D}${sysconfdir}/openvpn/
ln -sf /data/etc/openvpn/clientprofile.conf
${D}${sysconfdir}/openvpn/clientprofile.conf
}

And it works. I suppose my standalone recipe has been missing something
that prevents systemd from finding/enabling the service.
Hope it helps someone.

Mateusz

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:47 AM Ross Burton <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 17/11/2019 19:44, Mateusz Majchrzycki wrote:
> > What am I doing wrong? I suppose the symlink is not a problem as
> > normally systemctl enables service with non-existent file as a parameter
> > (it fails on start, but not enabling).
>
> The problem is that the systemd class doesn't know what to do here.  I
> thought there were patches to handle this already, what release of yocto
> are you using?
>
> Ross

Pozdrawiam
Mateusz Majchrzycki