[yocto] Cannot install package SMBNETFS Build Error Configuring CUPS

David Churchill david.churchill at thingtech.com
Fri Nov 15 13:00:21 PST 2019

Hello, new to Yocto.  I’m trying to add SMB/CIFS support to the Linux Distribution on a WP77xx based Sierra Wireless FX30 so I can mount windows network shares.  It seems that a  recipe exists for this in my source tree for my device at

	/yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-filesystems/recipes-filesystems/smbnetfs

I’ve edited my /yocto/meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/recipes-core/images/mdm9x28-image.inc file and added the lines:

	# Add smbnetfs package
	IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " smbnetfs”

But when I type make in my /yocto directory the image fails to build with:

	ERROR: cups-2.1.4-r0 do_configure: configure failed
	configure: error: Unable to enable SSL support.
	ERROR: Task (/home/myUserName/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-extended/cups/cups_2.1.4.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code ‘1'

I can’t figure out how to get past this error,  I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this.

Thanks in advance,

David