[yocto] visual studio code packages or building instructions?

Ross Burton ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Nov 1 09:51:49 PDT 2019

On 01/11/2019 16:35, Aaron Solochek wrote:
> I would like to get visual studio code on my NXP i.MX8. If someone is
> aware of a aarch64 rpm of it, that would be the easiest. Alternatively,
> if anyone knows how to build it using bitbake, I can build it myself.

Well Microsoft only make x86 binaries available:

https://code.visualstudio.com/#alt-downloads

So you'll have to follow the instructions at
https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/wiki/How-to-Contribute#build-and-run

They use Yarn, so you'll have to package that first.

Comments like
https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/6442#issuecomment-509605292
on the bug asking for RPi support isn't exactly encouraging though.

Ross