[yocto] [meta-qt5] How to contribute patches for qtwebengine in meta-qt5?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Nov 1 02:54:56 PDT 2019

Hi all!

The meta-qt5 readme says that contributions should be made by forking
the meta-qt5 repository on GitHub, but when I look at the qtwebengine
recipe, it looks like patches are pulled from
https://github.com/meta-qt5/qtwebengine-chromium, and that repository
looks like the patches are kept in a particular order so adding a patch
at the top is perhaps not what I should do.

It's not clear to me how I should submit a patch in this case. The
patch in question would be a simple backport of this upstream commit:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt/qtwebengine-chromium.git;a=commitdiff;h=b84e8682b312fb16b16ffb9591415067ceae69f8

It's needed for not breaking qtwebengine when upgrading PulseAudio to
13.0.

--
Tanu

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk