[yocto] Building single package as image, respecting dependencies

Paul Barker paul at betafive.co.uk
Tue May 28 02:36:32 PDT 2019

On 24/05/2019 15:28, Norman Stetter wrote:
> Is there no way to simply force bitbake to only build the packages I
> want, ignoring dependencies? We used to build the image like this
> before, using PTXDist.
>
> Everything else seems to be a dirty hack.

Can you just collect the extra packages (ipk/deb/rpm as appropriate),
put them in a package feed and install them on-target as required?

The package feed doesn't have to be on a webserver, you could put it in
a directory in a separate partition on the target if that's what you need.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker
Managing Director & Principal Engineer