[yocto] Customize syslinux root=???

Mauro Ziliani mauro at faresoftware.it
Mon May 27 09:36:41 PDT 2019

Hi all.

I'm working with Thud and Ibase ib550f board (AMD Geode arch).

I make the BSP for ib550f an I build the  core-image-minimal image.

Than with wic I try to write the final directdisk file. The ib550f run
from a CompactFlash.

The CF is mapped into the device /dev/hdb (the boot partition is
/dev/hb1, the root partition /dev/hdb2).

I read many docs of Yocto but I don't find what I need.

The syslinux is always the bootloader choosen by wic: I'd like to use
other booloader like grub.

And syslonux get /dev/sda2 has root parameter appended to syslinux.

I try to set SYSLINUX_ROOT := "root=/dev/hdb2" (in local.conf and in
core-image-minimal.bbappend), but my setup is ignored

How can I customize syslinux to change SYSLINUX_ROOT=/dev/hdb2

Thanks all.

Mauro