[yocto] distrodata documentation in 2.7 Mega Manual

Scott Rifenbark srifenbark at gmail.com
Wed May 22 17:21:25 PDT 2019

I can take the section in the ref-manual for the "distrodata.bbclass" out.
However, I could use some clarifications on the following areas where
"distrdata" is referenced.  I don't think I can just remove all of the
terms.

Here they are:

 * In dev-manual's "Using the Auto Upgrade Helper (AUH)" section -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#gs-using-the-auto-upgrade-helper:
Step 5 talks about making configurations in the local.conf file.  First
thing is to enable "distrodata" by inheriting the class.  Do we have an
equivalent for this now that the class is gone?

* in ref-manual's "do_distrodata" task section -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-tasks-distrodata:
Does this task disappear as well?  Or, is there an equivalent?

* In ref-manual's "do_checkpkg" task section -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-tasks-checkpkg:
This task was included as part of the distrodata.bbclass.  How do we
address the do_checkpkg task section now?

* In the UPSTREAM_CHECK_GETTAGREGEX variable description in the ref-manual
glossary -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_GITTAGREGEX:
How do we change this?

* in the UPSTREAM_CHECK_REGEX variable description also in the glossary -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_REGEX:
How do we change this?

* in the UPSTREAM_CHECK_URI variable description also int he glossary -
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_URI:
How do we change this?

Thanks,
Scott