[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] RPi 7" Touch Display

Paul Barker paul at betafive.co.uk
Thu May 16 08:39:47 PDT 2019

On Thu, 16 May 2019, at 16:33, Rudolf J Streif wrote:
> I am trying to use the "official" RPi 7" touch display
> (https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-touch-display/) with
> meta-raspberrypi (most recent from master). However, I cannot get it to
> work. As a matter of fact the display does not even show the GPU rainbow
> screen making me think that the GPU firmware packaged with
> meta-raspberrypi does not support the DSI display. It works just fine
> with the latest Raspbian release (screen and touch).
>
> I searched the web up and down but could not find anything. Maybe
> somebody has an idea? Wrong firmware (maybe cannot be distributed
> because of licensing...)?

I'd recommend looking at https://github.com/agherzan/meta-raspberrypi/blob/master/docs/extra-build-config.md to see if there's some extra option you need to enable. If there's nothing documented there then raise an issue on the GitHub repository.

Paul Barker
Managing Director & Principal Engineer
Beta Five Ltd