[yocto] Upgrading to Sumo triggered issue with python3 autopackaging - "ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python3-signal'"

Davis Roman davis.roman84 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 20:52:23 PDT 2019

Hi,

Upon further inspection, I found a previous commit that appears to
have a bit more information:

python: Restructure python packaging and replace it with autopackaging
(http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=8d94b9db221d1def42f091b991903faa2d1651ce)

The following text appears helpful:

How to add a new package:
 - If a user wants to add a new package all that has to be done is
   modify the python2-manifest.json file, and add the required file(s)
   to the FILES list, the script should handle all the rest.
   Real example:
   We want to add a web browser package, including the file webbrowser.py
   which at the moment is on python-misc.
   "webbrowser": {
       "files": ["${libdir}/python2.7/lib-dynload/webbrowser.py"],
       "rdepends": [],
       "summary": "Python Web Browser support"}

 Run bitbake python -c create_manifest and the resulting manifest
 should  be completed after a few seconds, showing something like:
   "webbrowser": {
      "files": ["${libdir}/python2.7/webbrowser.py"],
      "rdepends": ["core","fcntl","io","pickle","shell","subprocess"],
      "summary": "Python Web Browser support"}

So I add a section to my python3-manifest.json for the signal library
that I'm looking for:

    "signal": {
        "files": [
            "${libdir}/python3.5/lib-dynload/signal.py"
        ],
        "rdepends": [
        ],
        "summary": "Python signal library"
    }

I then re-run bitbake python -c create_manifest like the instructions
state however my python3-manifest.json is sadly unmodified and bitbake
still indicates that nothing rprovides 'python3-signal'

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Davis