[yocto] problem adding a user

Rudolf J Streif rudolf.streif at ibeeto.com
Wed May 15 11:26:40 PDT 2019

Hi Greg,

 > I've also tried both the back-quote and the single-quote, no difference.

Help me to understand this. the back-quotes are the right ones. If you
use the single ones your password in the /etc/shadow ends up being
'openssl passwd test' (without the quotes), unless the build fails
because of a parsing error (I have not tried it). Silly question, you
did inherit extrausers class?

Can you post your /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow

I am surprised that this does not work with your setup. I have been
doing this a gazillion times always with success.

:rjs

--
-----
Rudolf J Streif