[yocto] problem adding a user

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Wed May 15 11:03:26 PDT 2019

Hi Rudolf,

Thanks for the reply, and the information on how openssl works.

I'm trying to create a user with the same group name so the code that I'm using reduces to:

EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = "\
    useradd -p `openssl passwd test` sakura; \
    usermod -a -G sudo ${SAKURA_USER}; \
    "

I also, as you can see, removed the macros to eliminate as much confusion as possible.

I still can't login in using the password 'test'.

I've also tried both the back-quote and the single-quote, no difference.

Regards,

Greg