[yocto] Yocto image systemd debugging

Lukasz Zemla Lukasz.Zemla at woodward.com
Fri May 10 08:32:17 PDT 2019

On Friday, May 10, 2019 10:09 AM, JH wrote:
> > What do you mean by debug?
> > In most cases 'systemctl status <service>', 'systemctl --failed',
> > system-analyze and journalctl are efficient. Sometimes I set
> > 'StandardOutput=journal+console'
> > in service file to just see output during booting.
>
> There is an ofono.service which failed by systemd service, but there were
> no problems if I start it manually, the systemctl status <service>',
> 'systemctl --failed' told me it failed but did not tell me why it was failed
> and what was the cause. Hence I asked how to debug it, I guess your advice
> is to change following ofono.service StandardError='journal+console', correct?
>
> cat /lib/systemd/system/ofono.service
> [Unit]
> Description=Telephony service
> After=syslog.target
>
> [Service]
> Type=dbus
> BusName=org.ofono
> ExecStart=/usr/sbin/ofonod -n
> StandardError=null
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target

Yes, please set:
StandardError=journal+console

Best regards,
Lukasz Zemla

***
The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this email, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***