[yocto] Yocto image systemd debugging

JH jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Fri May 10 01:08:36 PDT 2019

Hi Lukasz,

> What do you mean by debug?
> In most cases 'systemctl status <service>', 'systemctl --failed',
> system-analyze
> and journalctl are efficient. Sometimes I set
> 'StandardOutput=journal+console'
> in service file to just see output during booting.

There is an ofono.service which failed by systemd service, but there
were no problems if I start it manually, the systemctl status
<service>', 'systemctl --failed' told me it failed but did not tell me
why it was failed and what was the cause. Hence I asked how to debug
it, I guess your advice is to change following ofono.service
StandardError='journal+console', correct?

cat /lib/systemd/system/ofono.service
[Unit]
Description=Telephony service
After=syslog.target