[yocto] [OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW19'19

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue May 7 07:43:00 PDT 2019

Current Dev Position: YP 2.8 M1
Next Deadline: YP 2.8 Milestone 1 Target May ??, 2019

SWAT Team Rotation:
 * SWAT lead is currently: Anuj
 * SWAT team rotation: Anuj -> Ross on May. 10, 2019
 * SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Amanda on May. 17, 2019
 * https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Next Team Meetings:
 * YP 2.8 Planning meeting Tuesday May 7th at 8am PDT (
https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
 * Bug Triage meeting Thursday May 9th at 7:30am PDT (
https://zoom.us/j/454367603)

Key Status/Updates:
 * Stephen is going to be unavailable for several weeks, please refer
any queries to Richard
 * YP 2.7 was released
 * The 2.8 planning discussions are starting and there is a google doc
summarising the discussions so far:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNEKA4d0eT6-e0hnS2pwi7xdZ5_t6smpZO2HbaJGXbU/
If people are planning to work on specific things in 2.8 please let us
know so we can incorporate this into our plans. If you’re interested in
working on anything in the document, please also let us know or talk
with us in one of the planning meetings.
 * At this point we believe we’ve made our final release for the sumo
(2.5) series
 * The project is planning to adopt SPDX license headers in its source
code where practical, bitbake has had these merged as a first step.
 * We have a new “newcomer” bug category which are bugs suited to
someone new to the project. These can be seen here:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Newcomer_Bugs

Planned Releases for YP 2.8:
 * TBA

Planned upcoming dot releases:
 * YP 2.6.3 (Thud) is in planning
 * YP 2.7.1 (Warrior) is in planning

Tracking Metrics:
 * WDD 2602 (last week 2593) (
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
 * Poky Patch Metrics
    * Total patches found: 1558 (last week 1565)
    * Patches in the Pending State: 655 (42%) [last week 655 (42%)]

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on
this weekly status update, let us know!]