[yocto] [Yocto-Advocacy] Yocto Project Upcoming Conferences and Developer Days

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Mon May 6 08:46:22 PDT 2019

On 5/6/19 12:45 PM, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
> I'd actually word it a little bit differently:
>
> If there is only *ONE* attendee who did not properly do the homework, it
> will have a massive impact an the rest of the group. And that somebody
> will show up unpreparedly is absolutely certain in my opinion.

With sufficient trainers, one can continue for most and provide some
assistance to the one falling behind.

> As someone who actually got started through the YPDD beginner track (and
> also often recommends it to new beginners), my opinion is clearly that
> we either should have it, be it only for a handful of attendees, or
> offer a *real* replacement, with face to face training. My experience is
> that this personal thing in the very beginning is an absolutely
> essential part of many YP/OE careers.

I agree. That is how I started, next to a compressed Linux Foundation
Yocto training that was offered just before the event then.

So it might be wise to ask LF or get something organised. It would
mostly require a room and a sponsor for some small devkit.