[yocto] How to define and build device tree in Yocto?

Gabriele Zampieri gabbla.malist at gmail.com
Sun May 5 23:17:47 PDT 2019

Hi,

The easiest way is to add them via patches. You can write a recipe that
patch the Linux tree and put it in your meta layer (usually in
meta-xxx/recipes-kernel/linux). Then you need to tell Yocto to export the
dtb via KERNEL_DEVICETREE variable (
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-KERNEL_DEVICETREE).
I usually put this variable in my machine configuration.

Gabriele