[yocto] Newcomer bugs

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu May 2 07:23:58 PDT 2019

Apologies for cross posting but I wanted a wider audience to see this.

The triage team is starting to try and collect up and classify bugs
which a newcomer to the project would be able to work on in a way which
means people can find them. They're being listed on the triage page
under the appropriate heading:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Newcomer_Bugs

The idea is these bugs should be straight forward for a person to help
work on who doesn't have deep experience with the project.

If anyone can help, please take ownership of the bug and send patches!

If anyone needs help/advice there are people on irc who can likely do
so, or some of the more experienced contributors will likely be happy
to help too.

Also, if there are people interested in helping mentor newcomers and
help develop newcomer suited bugs, please talk to me about it as we
could definitely do with help there.

Other roles where we could do with particular help are toaster
development, website improvements/maintenance, QA framework
documentation/development + testcases and our CI testing along with the
usual other things but these are not really suited to newcomers.

Cheers,

Richard