[yocto] customising a bsp

Sergio Torres Soldado torres.soldado at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 10:33:59 PDT 2019

Hi,

 What is the best alternative to setting variables in local.conf? The
specific use-case is customising a meta-raspberrypi build, which has a
bunch of variables that are picked up by the MACHINE code to influence
build configurations. I want to version these customisations hence removing
them from local.conf.

 I have tried adding a machine definition in a separate layer that includes
the same files as those from the machines in meta-raspberry pi but there is
logic that depends on the machine name and building an image fails.

Many thanks,
Serj.