[yocto] pkg-config does not find "luajit" since upgrade to sumo

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Mar 29 06:02:53 PDT 2019

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 12:49, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy at gmail.com> wrote:
> The issue was the _$PN appended to DEPENDS, when I removed it the build succeeded:
> changing DEPENDS_${PN} = "luajit" to DEPENDS = "luajit" did the trick.

Right, DEPENDS_${PN} isn't a variable that is used.  You'll most
likely have got a warning from bitbake about that.

> However, I am still puzzled what happens here and why it worked before.

Because in the old days, every recipe shared a global sysroot.  If
luajit was built at some point, it was in the sysroot.  For the last
few releases (almost two years now?) the sysroot is per-recipe, so if
you don't have luajit in DEPENDS then it isn't in the sysroot.

Ross