[yocto] pkg-config does not find "luajit" since upgrade to sumo

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 16:44:28 PDT 2019

Hi,

I am trying to compile an autotools based in-house project which
compiled as expected on angstrom-v2016.06-yocto2.
It is a rather boring setup where configure.ac checks for luajit using
the following line: "PKG_CHECK_MODULES([LJ], [luajit])".

The bb-file specifies luajit as runtime-dependency as well as inherits
pkgconfig:

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "luajit"
inherit autotools pkgconfig

This all seems to work as intended - when building the project I first
see luajit-2.0.5 being fetched and successfully compiled.

However the project itself fails to build, during configure pkg-config
states it is unable to find luajit.
Exactly the same sources + bb-files worked well with angstrom-v2016.06-yocto2.

Any ideas what could be going wrong here?

Thank you in advance, Clemens

 checking for arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-pkg-config... no
| checking for pkg-config...
/home/ce/yocto_xposure2019/build/tmp-angstrom-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/xpcompiler/0.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/pkg-config