[yocto] Trimming BOOST libraries installed

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Mar 28 05:15:27 PDT 2019

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 10:59, Gabriele Zampieri <gabbla.malist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm building a custom image that install boost libraries:
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " boost"
>
> How can I trim the installed libraries? I see inside meta/recipes-support/boost/boost.inc a variable called BOOST_LIBS that lists all the boost components, so in my custom-image.bb I tried:

The easy solution is to not do that.  The application you're building
should DEPEND on boost and then the RDEPENDS will be populated for
you, and be the required set not the full set.

If you really want to explicitly install some packages, then don't
install "boost" which is a meta-package depending on all boost
libraries.  The sub-libraries are called eg boost-atomic.

Ross