[yocto] SDK build fails at latest thud

Teemu K maillinglists18 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:36:12 PDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 7:21 AM Teemu K <maillinglists18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:17 AM akuster <akuster at mvista.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 3/13/19 9:50 PM, Teemu K wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that when trying to build sdk on thud it fails on latest
> > version. Actually it broke somewhere between commits:
> >
> > 1cab405d88149fd63322a867c6adb4a80ba68db3 (old)
> > 7c76c5d78b850a9c1adccf8b11ed0164da608f1c (new)
> >
> > I'm using it with meta-freescale - layer to build image to iMX8.
> >
> > I'm using command 'populate_sdk' and it works fine on older version,
> > but newer version it fails with error:
> >
> > Can you provide the steps to reproduce?
> bitbake my-image-name -c populate_sdk
>

> > ==
> >  target-sdk-provides-dummy : Conflicts: coreutils
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> >

> > There is a change sitting in stable/thud-next:
> >
> > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=stable/thud-next&id=af5cf78b275ab5226354337d25d8dc1c41a08904
> >
> > which might be related. Can you try that branch?
> >
> > git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib  stable/thud-next
> That did not solve the problem. I have coreutils in my image and it
> kept conflicting. When I removed coreutils from my image it solved
> that problem, but there were some problems with perl etc. From the
> working version all those are missing from
> target-sdk-provices-dummy.bb and my original image works just fine.
I see that thud-branch has gotten even more 'fixes' for this sdk thing
in last week, but the actual problem still stays. If image-recipe uses
coreutils - recipe sdk build fails there because
target-sdk-provides-dummy.bb has it listed. And if I remove that then
it fails on next package.In my case it's bash-dev.

Does those changes need something different how sdk is build or how to
build sdk with those changes? I'm not sure why they are listed there
in the first place if it overrides the actual package and does not
provide 'dummy' if/when needed.

To create sdk I use this command: bitbake <image-recipe> -c populate_sdk

-Teemu