[yocto] [OE-core] npm offline build for yocto

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Thu Mar 7 02:25:19 PST 2019

Hi Jan,

On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 10:37:26AM +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I found your progress report (and unanswered question) on that topic in http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2018-April/268639.html.
> Did this effort go further?
>
> I just ran into it again while updating
> https://github.com/siemens/meta-iot2000 to Node.js >v6. I also played with
> prefilling the cache, but likely in the wrong way.

We've had our share of fun ourselves by now, especially with the
event-stream module being hijacked and removed. To my knowledge none of
the existing nodejs package managers (npm, yarn, ...) do support pure
fetching neither explicit caching. The only thing that seems to be
mostly working fine is using an explicit caching proxy like lazy-npm to
externally cache the remote repositories.

Greetz
--
———————————————
Josef Holzmayr

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548