[yocto] INHIBIT_SYSROOT_STRIP

Dimitris Tassopoulos dimtass at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 08:11:45 PST 2019

Hi all,

this is not a request for help.

Today, I've found a very nice option which is not documented
which is the INHIBIT_SYSROOT_STRIP and is used in the sysroot_strip()
inside the poky/meta/classes/staging.bbclass.

I had an issue with a recipe that had a few binaries that I wanted to add
to the
recipe-sysroot-native in order to build another package and I was getting
errors
because the do_populate_sysroot couldn't strip those binaries. I've
searched in
the source and found that the author of that code was handling this case,
but it's
not documented (at least in the latest mega-manual).

Therefore, I'm dropping this message as a reference to other that might
need it.

Regards,
Dimitris