[yocto] YPTM minutes

sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 08:39:41 PST 2019

Yocto Technical Team Minutes for Mar. 5, 2019.

Attendees: Armin, Joshua, Randy, Richard, Joshua, Tim, Stephen, Tracey,
Michael, Alex,

YP Status: YP 2.7 M2 rc2 is being released today Mar. 5, 2019.

YP 2.7 M3 has a 4 items still to be resolved before the build.

YP 2.5.3 needs one major item to be resolved before it is built.

Richard discussed the status of M3 and the remaining work to be done, see
the status report.

Richard discussed the status of QA automation, need to backport the changes
to 2.5 and 2.6

Richard discussed the current SWAT status, need more attention and members.

Stephen discussed that next month's Technical meeting we will begin the
planning for YP 2.8.  The link for YP 2.7 Plan is at:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15jB6nUJU2wrtnu6w07L9RZpNlj6AoxSTPEX5aEL
ts1g/edit>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15jB6nUJU2wrtnu6w07L9RZpNlj6AoxSTPEX5aELt
s1g/edit

Richard discussed the updates from YP Advisory Board, both Comcast upgrading
to Platinum and the new agreed to Governance plan for YP.  This allows the
creation of the YP TSC. (Technical Steering Committee.)

Richard discussed that we can't run vgl without GPU HW in the cluster. Need
to decide if we need GPU cards in any/all servers.

Richard discussed the status of bug 8729.

Armin discussed the changes planned for QA transition.  Need to update
documentation to reflect the changes.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Project Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>