[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW09'19

akuster akuster at mvista.com
Sat Mar 2 15:01:45 PST 2019

On 2/26/19 7:58 AM, sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com wrote:

> Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M3 (New feature Freeze has begun.)
>
> Next Deadline: YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff was Feb. 25, 2019
>

> SWAT Team Rotation:
>
>   * SWAT lead is currently: Ross
>   * SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Chen on Mar. 1, 2019
>   * SWAT team rotation: Chen -> Armin on Mar. 8, 2019

I am going to be at LS on Monday March 10th and traveling on March 13.
If this may be an issue, maybe rescheduling for a different week may be
in order.
I personal don't this there will be an issue.

>  *
>

>   * https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team
>

> Key Status/Updates:
>
>   * We have now passed the feature freeze point for 2.7
>   * YP 2.7 M2 rc2 is out of QA and being readied for release.  See:
>     https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW07_-_2019-02-14_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.7_M2_RC2
>     and
>     https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status#Milestone_2_-_Target_Feb._1.2C_2019
>   * We now have resulttool, buildhistory and build-performance all
>     working with the autobuilder and will be using this as the primary
>     QA mechanism going forward. More details can be found here:
>
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-architecture/2019-February/001591.html
>
>   * There were some serious usability issues found with multiconfig,
>     those have been fixed in master and thud.
>   * Various recipe upgrades made it in, thanks to all who contributed.
>     Several recipes also converted to meson including glib-2.0 and
>     gdk-pixbuf.
>   * We now need to build M3 as we’re past feature freeze point for
>     2.7. Right now we’re aware of the following things which ideally
>     need to be resolved first:
>       o Bug 13178 “X server and matchbox desktop don't start up
>         properly on beaglebone” needs to be fixed

a patch was sent and  is in master.
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=4860914b3b5b38926ed6a80bb83a011d341ff2d8

- armin