[yocto] [OE-core] Information about non-traditional uses of the Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded

Ricardo Ribalda Delgado ricardo.ribalda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:42:52 PST 2019

Hi

We (qtec.com) use yocto/oe to build industrial vision systems.

Today is running on Potato graders, Carrot Graders, Potato 3d cameras,
Hyperspectral cameras, Beer analysers, Checkweighers, Screw Counters,
Hockey streamers....

Let me know if you think this is interesting and I can share more detailed info.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 9:16 PM Scott Rifenbark <srifenbark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like good potential for a section or chapter in the user docs.
>
> Scott
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 12:01 PM Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
>>
>> During the last OpenEmbedded developer meeting, it became clear that
>> people are using the Yocto project/OpenEmbedded in spaces outside what
>> we think of as traditional embedded. Lieu Ta is working on a
>> presentation for the Linux Foundation Leadership Summit and we would
>> like to collect as many "unusual" applications are possible from
>> companies we can publicly acknowledge. Unusual is edge, containers,
>> desktop, etc. Or even really interesting embedded applications :)
>>
>> Please drop me an email (off list is fine) with enough info for us to
>> add you to a slide and acknowledge your work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Philip
>> --

Ricardo Ribalda