[yocto] Running Yocto inside Docker

Benjamin b at halonis.de
Fri Jun 21 15:08:28 PDT 2019

Hej,

I use for this secret variables and store the access tokens or ssh keys
in in one of this. A script running inside of the docker container uses
sed magic for replacing string, when ever the direct usage of the secret
variables is not possible. The ssh key is then written in a first step
with something like

echo "$SECRET_PRIVATE_SSH" > ~/.ssh/id_ecdsa && chmod 600 ~/.ssh/id_ecdsa

gitlab will not print the secret variables in clear format.

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/variables/#via-the-ui

Whenever possible you should use a deploy token, best would be to add
this as well as the above mentioned ui variables. With the protected
feature you can even prevent non privileged developers from stealing
this secrets.

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/deploy_tokens/#creating-a-deploy-token