[yocto] [meta-swupdate] failed update leads to kernel panic

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 02:00:24 PDT 2019

> However if I abort the update while running (i.e. simulating a power cut)
> and then reboot I end up in a kernel panic: "Unable to mount rootfs on
> unknown block". My understanding is that I should at least end up in a
> busybox or that the update is retried, but this does not happen.

You missed to attach failed dmesg while the system booted and aborted.
Nevertheless, I expect problem with your defconfig, which does NOT
have options set for initramfs. These ones:
https://github.com/ZoranStojsavljevic/bbb-yocto/blob/master/custom/config-initramfs

Please, could you add these one to your current .config, this might
very well solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Zoran
_______