[yocto] Multiple MACHINEs and DISTROs: When to use own build dir, SSTATE_DIR, DL_DIR ?

Ulf Samuelsson yocto at emagii.com
Sun Jun 9 15:11:24 PDT 2019

Den 2019-05-09 kl. 11:56, skrev Burton, Ross:
> On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 10:47, Fabian Knapp <knapp at ambibox.de
> <mailto:knapp at ambibox.de>> wrote:
>
>     we have multiple MACHINEs and DISTROs and Im wondering for which
>     combinations I have to setup a dedicated build dir, SSTATE_DIR and
>     DL_DIR.
>
>     Information in the form of:
>
>     Each (change of) MACHINE needs its dedicated SSTATE_DIR and build
>     dir but can share DL_DIR.
>

> You can always share DL_DIR and SSTATE_DIR.
>
> Ross

When you have the same machine, and the recipes have variants
which are DISTRO dependent the SSTATE_DIR can be messed up

We never digged deep enough to find the cause,
but when we separated the SSTATE to only have one DISTRO
in the same SSTATE, the problem disappeared.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson