[yocto] How to set PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS

Måns Zigher mans.zigher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:02:32 PDT 2019

Hi,

I am facing an issue described here
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-June/045565.html.
I have come to the conclusion that I need to add armv7ahf-neon-mx8mm
to PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS but it is not obvious how to do that based on
what is stated in the reference manual
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS,
at least not for me. I have gone through the existing usage of the
PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS in poky but in there it is always used in
combination with tune so for example

PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS_tune-armv7atb-neon  =
"${PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS_tune-armv7atb} armv7ab-neon armv7at2b-neon"

How can I make sure to get armv7ahf-neon-mx8mm added to the
PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS variable and where should it be set local.conf,
machine configuration?

BR
Måns Zigher