[yocto] Yocto image types

JH jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 19:32:35 PDT 2019

Hi,

I built Yocto image, Could anyone explain what are files in
deploy/images directories?

modules--*.tgz

dev-image*rootfs.wic.gz

zImage*.bin

I guess modules--*.tgz is compressed file for all modules,
dev-image*rootfs.wic.gz is the rootfs image can be downloaded to SD
card, zImage*.bin is the compressed initramfs can be used by mfgtool
uuu for download to NAND flash, is it correct?

I currently has an error of for downloading zImage*.bin Wrong Ramdisk
Image Format. how can following recipes be used to add ramdisk format
to zImage?

meta-freescale/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs.bb
oe-core/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal-initramfs.bb

Thank you.

- JH