[yocto] do_rootfs fails while attempting to install hostapd package

Morné Lamprecht morne at linux.com
Sat Jun 1 07:40:16 PDT 2019

Hi

I created a new custom distribution and
everything seems to work fine until the do_rootfs
task is executed. It fails specifically when
trying to install the hostapd package, with the
error below (snippet from log.do_rootfs):

> Running scriptlet: hostapd-2.6-r0.aarch64
>
> usage: update-rc.d [-n] [-f] [-r <root>] <basename> remove update-rc.d
> [-n] [-r <root>] [-s] <basename> defaults [NN | sNN kNN]
> update-rc.d [-n] [-r <root>] [-s] <basename> start|stop NN runlvl [runlvl]
>
> error: %prein(hostapd-2.6-r0.aarch64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

> error: hostapd-2.6-r0.aarch64: install failed

The hostapd package itself builds fine, it is
just the installation to the rootfs that fails.

The hostapd package is specified in
MACHINE_EXTRA_DEPENDS, if I remove it, then the
build succeeds without any issues.

If I interpret the error correctly, it is the
preinstall scriptlet that fails...but I am not
sure where to start debugging this.

Any suggestions ?

		- Morné