[yocto] How to extract files from wic.gz image?

JH jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 03:39:24 PDT 2019

Thanks Zoran and Tom, I can use dd to install the image to SD card on
IMX EVK, now I need to install the image to NAND flash of a customized
IMX device via USB HID, it cannot use the dd, IMX provided UUU utility
which I am new to it and I have to decompose the image to
zImage-initramfs and  losetup -P does work, dd does not work either.

$ losetup -P dev-image-20190528085324.rootfs.wic
losetup: solar-dev-image-solarevk-20190518084330.rootfs.wic: failed to
use device: No such device

Thanks for your helps anyway.

Kind regards,

- jupiter