[yocto] Shared area conflict

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Fri Jul 26 03:47:44 PDT 2019

Hello,

When I try to bitbake core-image-minimal it is giving up with the
following error:

ERROR: mesa-gl-2_18.1.9-r0 do_packagedata: The recipe mesa-gl is trying
to install files into a shared area when those files already exist.
Those files and their manifest location are:
   /home/me/Yocto/BeagleBoneBlack/tmp/pkgdata/beaglebone/runtime/libgbm
     (matched in manifest-beaglebone-libgbm.packagedata)

/home/me/Yocto/BeagleBoneBlack/tmp/pkgdata/beaglebone/runtime/libgbm-dev
     (matched in manifest-beaglebone-libgbm.packagedata)
Please verify which recipe should provide the above files.

I’ve tried one of the suggestions that it gives in the rather verbose
message that follows and nuked the “tmp” directory and rebuilt but with
no further success.  My local.conf contains:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_libgbm = “libgbm”
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_libgbm-dev = "libgbm-dev”

How do I get it to stop complaining?

-Andy.