[yocto] Building for AM335x with meta-ti and meta-qt5

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Thu Jul 25 11:01:52 PDT 2019

I wrote about trying to compile the SGX kernel modules giving up with
the following error:

>| ******* Multiarch build: no
>| ******* Primary arch:    target_armel
>| ******* Secondary arch:  none
>| ../config/core.mk:513: $(KERNELDIR)/vmlinux does not exist. Kbuild
>may fail.
>| eurasiacon/build/linux2/toplevel.mk:230:
>eurasiacon/build/linux2/moduledefs/target_armel.mk: No such file or
>directory

This gets pulled from
https://git.ti.com/graphics/omap5-sgx-ddk-linux/commits/ti-img-sgx/1.17.4948957/k4.19
and the files in the …/eurasiacon/build/linux2/moduledefs/ directory
are:

host_i386.mk
target_aarch64.mk
target_i686.mk
target_neutral.mk
host_x86_64.mk
target_armhf.mk
target_mips32r2el.mk
target_x86_64.mk

I’m guessing it is supposed to be using target_armhf.mk but I can’t
figure out why it is making the incorrect decision and trying to use a
file that doesn’t exist.

-Andy.