[yocto] PREMIRROR

Russell Peterson peterson.russell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 13:49:14 PDT 2019

Hello,

I am looking to have bitbake pick up files for a particular recipe from a
local git repository using the PREMIRROR functionality.

Basically, the recipe (bb file) points to github but in my local build I
add PREMIRROR_prepend = "git://.*/.*
git:///local/path/BASENAME;protocol=file\n"

I will probably make the git regular expression more exact for my specific
github repo but this works for now.

This all works (as I deleted the github download from the local download
directory) because I can see in the do_fetch log and the correct (local)
repo was found and placed in the DL_DIR.

Problem is, do_unpack fails because it appears to be looking for the
original (github) SRC_URI.  Then it complains about "no up to date source
found: clone or directory not available or not up to date (shallow clone
not enabled)"

Any help on what I am missing would be appreciated.

Regards,

Russell