[yocto] Recipes for gcc-native

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 13:22:21 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 1:14 PM Taborski, Krzysztof (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) <
krzysztof.taborski at nokia.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am wondering, if there is any reason, that yocto project does not
> delivers recipes for gcc-native ( in similar way as python-native for
> example)?
>
> It would allow to build native recipes with different/higher version of
> gcc, than this, which user has on my build servers.

This would not solve the problem fully and yet create more maintainer
burden since the supporting libraries are still coming from distribution
underneath and this would create yet another combination for variable

I think container approach would solve this for us in a nicer way

Most supported distribution do support newer compiler packages and that’s a
better option since they would have tested it on that distribution to some
extent