[yocto] [OE-core] RFC: dropping official support for Debian 8 / Opensuse 42.3

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 23:19:03 PDT 2019

> Fedora 28 is also unsupported (but will be the basis of CentOS 8).

Yesterday I upgraded my host Fedora 29 to Fedora 30. With Fedora, all
clear. F30 is the newest release, F31 is in preparation. F28 support
ceased to exist one month after F30 was released. The algorithm is the
following: Support ceased to exist for F(XY) after a month from the
official date F(XY+2) was introduced/released. The introduction cycle
for new release is 6 months. YOCTO wise. ;-)

Hope this clears the confusion for Fedora distro (official first
relative of kernel.org, which usually finishes testing cycle for
kernel.org)!

Zoran
_______