[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW29'19

sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 14:00:21 PDT 2019

Current Dev Position: YP 2.8 M2

Next Deadline: YP 2.8 Milestone 2 Cutoff July 14th, 2019

SWAT Team Rotation:

*	SWAT lead is currently: Amanda
*	SWAT team rotation: Amanda ->  Anuj on July 19, 2019
*	SWAT team rotation: Anuj -> Paul on July 26, 2019
*	 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday July 18th at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603> https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
*	Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday August 6th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Twitch - Next event is Tuesday August 13th at 8am PDT (
<https://www.twitch.tv/yocto_project> https://www.twitch.tv/yocto_project)

Key Status/Updates:

*	2.7.1 is cleared for release and will be announced shortly
*	2.6.3 has two remaining issues before it can be built
*	We have a new "newcomer" bug category which are bugs suited to
someone new to the project. These can be seen here:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Newcomer_Bugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Newcomer_Bugs
*	General patch backlog and merging is running back to normal
*	Our numbers of patches in the metadata has been slowly decreasing
and I wanted to mention how much we appreciate anyone doing cleanup of
old/stale data. Over time it is making a significant difference!
*	There are ongoing discussions on a few key topics which are
summarised here for convenience. Please contribute if you have an interest
in these areas:

*	Running the testsuites for glibc/binutils/gcc
*	Moving lsb to its own layer
*	Removing poky-lsb in favour of some configuration fragments
*	Reproducibility
*	Minimising python2 dependencies
*	Configuration of init systems

*	Bitbake changes which change the way runqueue works quite radically
have merged. If people see errors with setscene or normal task execution
people do report them.
*	Runqueue change to optimise sstate usage/sharing in multiconfig
builds merged. Please report if its not working where you'd expect it to.

Planned Releases for YP 2.8:

*	M2 Cutoff 14th July
*	M2 Release 26th July
*	M3 Cutoff (Feature Freeze) 25th Aug
*	M3 Release 6th Sept
*	M4 Cutoff 30th Sept
*	2.8 (M4) Final Release 25th Oct

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 2.7.1 (Warrior) is ready for release.
*	YP 2.6.3 (Thud) is intended for build after 2.7.1 is complete and
before 2.8 M2

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2498 (last week 2496) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1502 (last week 1506)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 630 (42%) [last week 634 (42%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.8_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.8_Status

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.8_Schedule>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.8_Schedule

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.8_Features>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.8_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Project Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>