[yocto] Where to add U-Boot argements bootargs and bootcmd?

Gabriele Zampieri gabbla.malist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 23:55:33 PDT 2019

Hi JH,

wks is the extension used by wic to generate different kind of flashable
(partitioned) images. I never used it, but looking around (
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#command-bootloader
) I see two relevant arguments:

   - *--append *
   - *--configfile*

Check them in the link above.

Here is an example for --append:
https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/blob/master/scripts/lib/wic/canned-wks/directdisk-multi-rootfs.wks#L22

Digging a bit deeper it seems that you cannot feed a custom config to uboot
via wic (and again, correct me if I'm wrong), but only for extlinux (see:
https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/blob/master/scripts/lib/wic/plugins/source/bootimg-partition.py#L110
)

I do not have time to replicate your environment, so I'm just giving you
suggestions.

Best regards,
Gabriele